5 Things Everyone Needs to Know about Wine Blends
1. Blending wines is the practice of combining two or more wines to create a new, more enhanced wine.
2. GSM is the classic combination of three grape varieties; Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre.
3. A Bordeaux style wine is always blended from Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, but winemakers may also blend in wines like Petit Verdot, Malbec and Cabernet Franc.
4. When it comes to blending it’s all about what you like! You can even take some of your favorite wines and blend them together. (Click here to learn more about Battle of the Blends)
5. There’s a blend for everyone! From something to sweet to a bold red blend, the options of limitless.