A Cold Weather Treat: Red Wine Hot Chocolate
As the cold weather starts to set in, stay warm with the ultimate wine and chocolate pairing. This red wine hot chocolate recipe saves you from choosing between the classic cold weather beverage and your favorite glass of red wine when snuggling up with a good book or a movie.
Messina Hof provides a variety of full-bodied wines that will pair perfectly with rich dark chocolate. Choose the Paulo Cabernet Sauvignon to add some dark berry and vanilla flavors to your hot chocolate or try the Paulo Cabernet Franc to balance out the sweet flavors with earthy tones. Combine the Messina Hof red wine of your choice with the ingredients below and enjoy!
- 1½ cups milk
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup Messina Hof red wine
- Toppings: Marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate shavings
- Combine milk and chocolate chips in a boiling pot with low heat and stir.
- Add your favorite Messina Hof red wine and stir.
- Pour into mug.
- Finish with topping of your choice.